- My crew is ready, Tani (Crew Chief and of course love of my life), Donna, Greg and Mark (all close friends)
- Flights (we arrive 2 days prior on July 14th to prep and attend required pre race meetings)
- 2 crew vehicles rented
- Hotel rooms in 3 towns made
- Check lists made (most supplies will be purchased upon arrival)
- Nutrition plan set (subject to the unexpected which we expect)
- Pace plan made (subject to the unexpected which we expect)
- Personal race gear and crew/runner safety gear ready (Big thanks to Drymax for supplying us all with the #1 running sock, Nathan for hydration and safety gear and VitaCoco for my recovery drink).
|1st trip in Death Valley 2006|
Training Stats to Date:
- 1,129 miles total
- 77 runs averaging 14.7 miles per run
- 19 runs of 20 or more miles
- Longest runs 50 miles at Bull Run Run, 48 miles Grand Canyon, 50 miles TNF DC
- Hills: As I mentioned in my last training update hills were going to be a focus. I have now completed 4 long run hill sessions on Perkins Drive at Bear Mountain. This is a 4 mile long hill with 1200 feet of gain. 3 have been 24 miles total and this past Saturday was 32 miles (6 hours).
- 33hrs 45m cross training in 32 days (average just over 1hr per session). Longest CT workout was 2hours elliptical and 1 hour spin yesterday.
- 4 days skiing
- 13hrs 30min of heat training in the sauna. Heat training is vital an in full swing. I will sit for 30-60 minutes every day until I leave for Death Valley on July 14th.
|Long Run/Hill Repeats, 32miles at Bear Mountain 6/16/2012|
Peace and Have A Great Day