|Heat Training 180F Sauna|
Here are the final training totals:
- 1,208 miles total
- 83 runs averaging 14.5 miles per run
- 21 runs of 20 or more miles
- Longest runs 50 miles at Bull Run Run, 48 miles Grand Canyon, 50 miles TNF DC
- Hills: 5 long run hill sessions on Perkins Drive at Bear Mountain including 4 of 24 miles w/7200 feet of elevation and 1 of 32 miles and 9600 feet of elevation. I am hopeful this focus will help me on the very, very long steep climbs at BW.
- Over 42 hours of cross training with a primary focus on core and cardio.
- Over 32 hours of heat training in the sauna by the time the week is out. I am now up to 1 hour in 180F and I drink 60 ounces of fluid in that time.
I will share my final thoughts at some point before the race next Monday. Suffice it to say, I have never been so consumed with a race in my life. Fear and excitement are both powerful emotions.
Peace and Have A Great Day!